Thursday, June 13, 2019

Is Waiting Time Wasting Time?

With a nursing baby, I find myself waiting...a lot. Waiting for him to finish nursing so I can get the next chore done. Waiting for him to wake up so I can nurse him again. Waiting for the older kiddos to finish something, anything so we can move on. And always, I feel like I’m wasting time. I do this a lot; I spend my time waiting for something I want to happen instead of using the time I have, albeit may only be 5 minutes, to accomplish something that needs to be done. 

Does this ever happen to you? And what about life in the broader sense? Are we spending so much time waiting for a husband? Children? School to finish? Jesus’ return? that we are missing the chance to do the work God has planned for us to do. Do we tell him with our actions, “Lord, we’d love to serve you, but we have to wait for A, B, or C before we can?” Let it not be so, sisters! Let him find us serving whenever he calls; let us be the faithful servants he desires us to be. Not at the expense of listening to him speak to our hearts but working that he will find us “good and faithful servants” when our time here is done.

Blessings, 

Momma H.

No comments:

Post a Comment