Wednesday, June 12, 2019

A Story Without an Ending...Yet

I’ve always known I needed to write. I love to tell stories, just as much as I love to read them. Since I was young, stories have swirled in my head, begging for a moment in the spotlight. I love to encourage, exhort, build up and help other formulate their world view with a well told story, a humorous anecdote or a thought provoking idea. But I have let my fears keep me from it for a long time; fear that no one will read it (and they might not); fear that what I have to say isn’t important (it’s always important to share what God has shown you); and my biggest fear...the fear that I don’t have it all together, that the story isn’t finished and if I don’t know the ending, I can’t tell it. What good is a story if the pay off isn’t good?

Recently I read two books that made me realize something so very important for life in general, but also for my writing...

I don’t need to know the ending when I start the story. I know the Writer and He knows the end. I just have to write. 

Can you hear those keys clicking?

Blessings,

Momma H.


(In case you are a killing cats...curiosity, you know...the two books are When God Doesn’t
Fix It by Laura Story and It’s Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa TerKeurst. Both highly recommended!)

No comments:

Post a Comment