Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Reflections

A friend whose two sweet babies live in heaven, was asking for help finding something to fill the silence while she cleaned house. It took me back to my pre-children days when the silence was so loud, I had to fill it with something. A part of me was jealous of my old self. Oh, the silence! I could think of a million ways to fill that time. So much wasted and I was wishing I had to to do over. Then it hit me, someday I will look back to now and as impossible as it may seem, I will think the same thing. So much wasted...if only I’d done more, enjoyed more, been more present.

They say hindsight is 20/20 but I think it’s also rose colored. We forget the pain or sadness of the past and compared to the present suffering, it seems light and but a moment, just as scripture says. Eternity needs to be part of the present. We are living in time, while investing for eternity.

So today Lord, show me how to make the most of now. So in the future, I won’t look back jealous. It will be a beautiful memory of time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment